PREZZEMOLO ,meaning Italian parsley.This aromatic herb in used in cooking in almost everydish or, at least, in most dishes-It’s used to flavour food,to create sauces and to decorate.
Used in starters,first dish,meat and fish and various sauces as it is has the property of enhancing other herbs and spices haroma.For no other reason we use the expression “be like parsley” for a person who is at every party or event . it’s OK if you snip some of the stem in with the leaves when you’re cutting these herbs.
Pick herbs close to the time you use them to get the best flavour .To extend their freshness, place them in a vase with water, like cut flowers.
For most recipes mince herbs into tiny pieces ,chop with a mezzaluna.
A blender would reduce herbs to a paste.
Piccata al Limone
- 400 grams of sliced veal
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of broth
- 2 slices of ham
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- half a glass of white wine
- 70 of butter
- salt and pepper
- Tenderize the slices of meat with a meat mallet (or a knife with a wide blade) kept in cold water.
- Slightly coat the slices in flour .
- Slice the ham into strips, chop the parsley.
- Melt half of the butter in the pan , cook the meat on both sides ,add salt and pepper.
- Add the ham , the wine and the lemon juice.
- Stir and, as the slices are ready, arrange them on a serving platter and keep warm.
- Place the pan on the flame e again, add a cup of broth, lemon, and always stirring , simmer slightly, to get a sauce that thickens a little.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the butter and the parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the slices of meat and serve
Suggestions : You can also use slices of chicken breast or turkey and avoid the ham