The word Bocconcini is usually used for small mozzarellas·, Italian cheese balls about the size of cherry tomatoes while in fact, it refers to the size: “bocca” means mouth and bocconcini is bite size . It’s actually a convenient cut for parties.
Arrabbiata is a well-known pasta sauce but whenever we use peperoncino it can be arrabbiata as it means angry and a really angry person is red in face like when eating a strong peperoncino.
- 6 slices turkey breasts
- 20g = 1 tbsp and a half butter
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Marsala
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 leaves sage
- Some white flour
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- Peperoncino/chili pepper flakes
- Gently cook the butter, the oil, the garlic and the sage for a couple of minutes.
- Lightly flour the turkey breasts
- place the lightly floured turkey breasts in the pan and lightly brown on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add the vinegar and let it evaporate over a moderate flame.
- Add the Marsala, the tomato paste and the peperoncino.
- Leave this sauce to almost boil and serve .
Suggestion: Instead of turkey you can use beef, veal, or chicken
Italian style this dish is served with some small tomatoes or a nice fresh green salad,or zucchini.