Every day itinerant market stalls move to various places in the territory: Radda, Castellina, Panzano, Gaiole but the one in Greve is the largest and the most crowded.
Moving from stall to stall in a market gives people the sense of meeting: in a market people walk around in the hope of finding what they look for, but the most important they meet the people at the stalls and the other people from the village or nearby villages and meeting point for friends.
They offer a mixture (or all of) the following for :
- Selection of local produce, including all in-season fruit and veg, several butchers as well freshly roasted chickens, rabbit. If you are lucky meat eater you can find the beautiful “porchetta “ ( pork roasted with herbs).
- Excellent prosciutto, salami
- Tuscan pecorino and many other cheeses
- excellent linens, including table-cloths, sheets, towels, bed-spreads,and so on
- Kitchenware in general,pots,pans and porcelain
- Tolls for the garden ,for the home
- Clothes for every taste
- Shoesbags, pursues, accesories
All year round markets within 30 minutes from Podere Le Rose,Toscana Mia villa in Chianti:
- Second Monday of each month Gaiole in Chianti
- Fourth Monday of the month Radda in Chianti
- Monday is San Casciano Val di Pesa, Casole d’ Elsa
- Tuesday Poggibonsi
- Wednesday Siena (more interesting for dresses and home stuff than for food) Thrusday Montevarchi (very interesting for food)
- San Gimignano, Castelnuovo Berardenga, Monteriggioni, Tavernelle Val di Pesa
- Friday Colle Val d’ Elsa
- Saturday morning Greve in Chianti or Castellina in Chianti
- Sunday morning Panzano
If you feel lost with all these possibilities but excited at the idea of immersing yourself, ask us to guide you in a Market Tour with Toscana Mia https://toscanamia.wordpress.com/chianti/visit-to-an-italian-market/