If you are traveling in Italy from city to city ,i.e. from Milan to Florence or Florence to Rome ,definitely the most convenient way is by train.
If you travel from city to city in Tuscany consider the bus, called pullman.
Many locals still use this service as coaches are comfortable, not overcrowded and quite precise on their schedule.
Coaches go on more direct roads than trains in Tuscany and so many times they take less time , for example Florence to Sienna the bus takes only an hour
In addition to this , you can sit and relax , enjoying the scenery of the Tuscan countryside through the large windows as they drive at a reasonable speed.
To give some example, let’s check timetable on
- Busitalia for Florence, Sienna, Chianti Wine Region, San Gimignano, Arno Valley, Casentino, Mugello and The Mall outlet (Italian fashion designer outlet) Bus station in Florence is near main railway station (SMN Railway Station)
- Baltour for travelling all around Italy
- Volainbus to join Florence airport from Florence
- Bus Station is the same for Busitalia
- Airport Bus Express From Florence or Siena to Pisa airport
- Terravision from Florence to Pisa airport
- Appennino Shuttle to join Bologna airport from Florence