A simple cake is a very nice treat in a cold afternoon next to our tea or coffee but we want something light so we can prepare a soft, high marble cake without butter and without milk
eggs (room temperature) 4
00flour /ll purpose/plain/regular flour or GF flour 300 gr.= 1¾ cups + 2 tbsp
sugar 200 g =1 cup water220 ml =0.9 cup
seed oil(sun flower-grape) 130 ml = ½ cup
baking powder 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder 2 tbs.vanilla essence (or flavoring to taste) 1 tsp.
1. start by putting the eggs in a bowl with the sugar, the vanilla essence and work them by hand or with an electric whisk until they are puffy and foamy, it will take about 5 minutes.
2. Gradually add the oil, the water and continue to blend. Finally, gradually add the flour with the sifted baking powder. Divide into two bowls. In one half add the cocoa powder and mix.
3. Line a 22 or 24 cm diameter mold with parchment paper and start pouring the two compounds, alternating white and black. You can also move the dough, gently, with a toothpick to marble it
5. Bake the soft marbled cake in a static preheated oven at 180 C°/350 F° for about 40 minutes. Or in a convection oven at 160C ° /320 F°for 50 minutes. But I recommend, always do the toothpick test to verify the cooking.
6. Once cooked, take the soft two-tone marbled cake out of the oven and let it cool.
If you like sprinkle it with icing sugar/confectioners sugar and serve.
For an even more delicious version you can replace the cocoa with dark chocolate!
Buon pomeriggio=Good afternoon 😀
It sounds very good! I have one question, under point 2) sifted yeast is mentioned, but in the ingredients there isn’t any mention of yeast, but of baking powder.
Could you clarify? 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sorry sorry. 🙏It is baking powder. Thank you very much because it means you have really been reading the recipe attentively. Let me know when you try it. Ciao
LikeLiked by 2 people