You made your sun dried tomatoes or you bought some tasty dried tomaoes during your last holiday?
If you want to prepare jars of dried tomatoes in oil for an entire year and give the tomato a “stronger” flavor, just follow this procedure:
1) Take a jar with an airtight lid
2) Dip the dried tomatoes for about 3 minutes in boiling drinking water (93%) and vinegar (7%) of white wine so as to refine the taste and avoid bacterial growth and the onset of mold.
3) Drain the dried tomatoes that you had previously dipped in water and vinegar and place them in the jar.
4) Enrich the dried tomatoes with aromas to taste: oregano, capers, garlic according to your tastes in order to flavor them.
5) Once the jar is filled with dried tomatoes and spices, cover with extra virgin olive oil to the brim.
6) Store in a cool, dry place. Not in the fridge.
7) After the first 24 hours, check the oil level, add it if necessary and put it back in a cool and dry place.
Once the jar is open, always remember to check the oil level, and if not full enough ,add some.
You can eat the sun dried tomatoes served with bread, prosciutto ,cheese or realize many beautiful recipes.