An aperitif, a last-minute snack?
4 large or 6 small bell peppers/capsicum
200 gr. = 1 cup of honey
· wash the peppers, then cut the upper cap with the stem and remove the internal seeds
- divide the peppers in half lengthwise,
- remove the internal filaments
- cut them into thin slices
- in a large saucepan pour the peppers
· add a little water, just to cover them
· cook for about 10 minutes on the stove
- add the honey and cook over low heat without till it has a good consistency.
This sauce serves as an accompaniment to pecorino cheese(sheep cheese), any other cheese,or just spread on bread.
Serve or keep it in the fridge and consume it within 3 days.