This cake is soft and intense blueberry taste. In Italian the name is plum cake and not loaf cake:we use a word imported from England to refer to every rectangular cake. Most of the time we think of something simple, maybe just with some raisins/sultanas.
250 gr= 2 cups Flour 00 /all purpose/plain flour 3 Medium eggs
150 g= ¾ cup Granulated sugar 250 ml = 1 cup fresh whipping cream(liquid or whipped)
2 tsp. baking powder 150 gr. = ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
We use a 25×11 cm = 9 inch loaf cake mould
- Set the oven at 170°C /340 °F
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks
- Whip the whites until stiff
- In a bowl whip the eggs yolks with the sugar in soft cream.
- Whip the liquid cream in the mixer
- Cover the mold with baking paper
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add it a little at a time to the mixture of eggs and sugar alternating with the addition of the whipped cream
- Obtained a soft and creamy mixture, add ¾ of the blueberries
- Fold the egg whites in with a spatula in a delicate way
- Transfer to the mold and place in the oven on the central shelf.
- Cook about 40 minutes.
- At the end of the time check the cooking by means of a wooden stick skewered in the heart of the cake; for perfect cooking the stick must come out dry.
- Let the soft loaf cake cool.
Use the other blueberries for decoration
It’s a very good cake also without the blueberries.
I notice now that in the text I’ve been using mold and mould. This is just because among our friends we have British and American speakers and we tend not to make any distinguish any more.Thank you.