- Poplar mushrooms are among the most appreciated edible mushrooms that can be found both spontaneously and marketed by cultivation. If grown they are sold already clean, if harvested they must be cleaned before preparation. First, brush them gently, then remove the final part of the stems and put them under cold running water to remove the earth and wood residues.
- They are a low-calorie food, if not yet cleaned they last several days in the refrigerator and can be frozen or stored in oil
Scaloppine ai Pioppini
- 6 slices veal, beef, turkey breast, chicken breast
- 250 gr.= 1 cup piopparelli,black poplar mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 glass dry white wine
- Clean the mushrooms, eliminating the hardest part of the stem.
- Cut in half, lengthwise, only the largest mushrooms.
- Flour meat slices,
- Brown the meat 1 minute per side in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil
- Add salt pepper and keep them warm between 2 dishes.
- Add a little oil to the escalope pan and brown 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- . Add the poplars and cook them for a few minutes over high heat. Sprinkle with 1 glass of white wine and let it evaporate.
Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes over low heat, until the cooking sauce is restricted. Put the escallops back in the pan, heat them on both sides, perfume with chopped parsley, thyme and serve