The Tiramisu with berries is a delicious variation of the classic Tiramisu, even fresher and more colorful.
This is our recipe: we created it in 1988(mamma mia, we‘re so old!) because we wanted to change from the usual tiramisu that we had made so many times. We remember the date because just a few months later we noticed a similar Tiramisù at the wedding of the Duke d’Aosta’s daughter: that meant it was a generalized necessity changing from the classic Tiramisù. You will find many different variations and many different Tiramisù nowadays.
Our house in Chianti is called Podere Le Rose and therefore the Tiramisu was called Podere Le rose.
We have kept the classic model by changing only the liqueur instead of coffee and adding berries, available in season or frozen. The ones you prefer.
The interesting thing is that changing the fruits the tiramisù color changes so much. more blueberries or blackberries, you will see that purple color!!!
Savoiardi /Lady fingers 300g =10 oz. /ca. 36 pieces
2 cups of Alkermes
2 cups of water
4 tbsp. sugar
250 grams (1 cup) mascarpone cheese
200 gr (1 cup) berries
- Pour the alkermes into a bowl, dilute it with the water .
- Dip the sponge fingers one at a time in the alkermes and place a layer of these in a dish.
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar,
- Add the mascarpone, mixing perfectly to form a cream.
- Whisk the egg whites stiffly and add them to the cream, folding them in.
- Add half of the berries. If you like you can blend them first.
- Spread half of the cream over the ladyfingers and level the surface.
- Cover with another layer of dipped lady fingers.
- Add a layer of the mascarpone.
- Place this dessert in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, decorate it with the remaining berries.
-Alkermes is a liqueur typically used in Italy for dessert making. It’s possible to substitute it with cassis, grenadine, cherry liqueur or blackberry liqueur
– It’s possible to use Gluten Free Lady fingers.
– Substitute Mascarpone with lactose free mascarpone
– Substitute Mascarpone with Vegan Creme
Yummy, this sounds good. I think I would choose cassis for it though.
Totally agree. I forgot it!
LikeLiked by 1 person