This recipe was published years ago in our blog connected to our Toscana Mia Cooking School web site.As we now closed that blog we want to offer this recipe here : it is great in many occasion and perfect for a typical Italian breakfast.It is a traditional Italian cheese cake with the great advantage that is simple and completely Gluten Free.
Servings 12 Ingredients :
- 1 Kilogram ricotta cheese
- 300 grams of sugar
- 7 egg yolks –
- 50 grams coarsely grated dark chocolate
- a pinch of fine salt
- Decoration icing sugar /confectioners’ sugar
- To start with, a day before drain the ricotta cheese ,place it in a bowl with sugar and salt and work them together until you have a cream.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for the night.
- The day after add the egg yolks and the chocolate to the cream and mix well .
- Preheat the oven at 160°C (320°F).Cover the base of a spring form pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- Then pour the cream in it and bake it in the oven for 1 hour.
- Then remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool.
- When it is cooler, remove it from the pan and to decorate, sprinkle the top with the icing /confectioner’s sugar.
And now serve it with a good Cappuccino !