In Italy we usually have a big fish dinner on the Christmas night, followed by an unbelivable rich and long lunch on Christmas day and on Dec. 26 we go on eating a lot as we’re meeting friends and relatives we could not meet the day before.Next days we need something lighter to eat.
After the big holiday meals Hake in the pan-Nasello in padella is a fast dish to prepare and light. Recipe with a Mediterranean flavor to enhance our hake: tomatoes, capers, olives.
- hake fillets 1 Lemon 10 small tomatoes
- capers 10 olives 5 dried tomatoes
- clove of garlic 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- red peperoncino flakes salt
- Squeeze one lemon
- Pour extra virgin olive oil in the pan, cook the hake on both sides with a clove of garlic” in the shirt”(peel on)
- Add the lemon juice
- Add the fresh and dried tomatoes cut into pieces and let them flavor for a couple of minutes.
- Also add the capers (unsalted), the olives , and the chilli, letting cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Plate and serve immediately.
Delicious also with the addition of dry oregano or fresh parsley, it is excellent served with onions, potatoes and tomatoes.
Instead of lemon you can use white wine and tomato puree.