When we decide to prepare Arrosto Misto =roasted meat for a dinner with family or friends, we’re never sure which meat they’ll prefer. So the easiest solution is a typical Tuscan dish: Roasted Mixed Meat.
The various types of meat cook well together as far as their size is similar and at the end, there is great satisfaction when you see your family and friends enjoying the differences.
ca500 gr =01,142 loins of pork possibly with ribs
ca500 gr.=01,142 ounces turkey breast
ca4 (at least) sausages
1 sprig of rosemary
3 cloves of garlic
1 sprig of Sage
5 tbs EVOO
1 glass of dry white Wine
Chop rosemary, garlic, and sage.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C°= 400 F°
- In a oven dish pour on 2 tbs. olive oil, the chopped herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bind the meat so it keeps its shape while cooking.
- pierce the sausages with a fork (in the Tuscan countryside a porcupine needle is normally used)
- Roll the meat on the chopped mixture.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes
- Then turn down to 180°C=360 F° and bake for 30 m. Pouring some oil on top
- meat, add the sausages
- after 30 min flip the meat again and pour on the cooking juices and some wine
- When the meat is ready, let it cool 10 minutes and slice it.
-add chicken, guinea fowl
-substitute the sage with fennel seeds
-add more garlic to enjoy it, too
-The best way to serve it is with potatoes
Add chopped potatoes in the oven dish when the pork is half cooked and bake them with the meat
Try it with roasted sliced bell peppers or zucchini.
We suggested this dish in the post When in Tuscany try Meat and Poultry