The most common lasagne is yellow but the green is the traditional ones from Bologna. It’s possible to realise lasagne with the color you prefer: just for aesthetic reasons, but it’s worthwhile to try the green ones because of the slightly fresh different taste you obtain.
Here is a click for the previous recipe and now we’re giving the list of ingredients and tools .This is how we usually organise with people who are going to have one of our Private Virtual Cooking Classes.Preparation of ingredients and tools and then the class together,
Here are the lists and then the preparation for the green lasagne.
Ingredient Shopping List
Below is a list of ingredients you’ll need to make the recipe. Please reach out for substitution suggestions.
Serving 6 persons
- 112 gr. =4 oz. white flour 00 type /all-purpose/plain flour plus some more to work
- 80 gr.=3 oz. cooked spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 84 gr.=3 oz. durum wheat flour /semolina
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. or 2 half egg shell of water or extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch =1/2 tsp. of fine salt
- 1 handful=1/3 cup Coarse salt for the boiling water where to cook the pasta(if available ,otherwise fine salt)
For the pasta dough
- Chopping board
- Chef knife or mezzaluna
- A surface where to let the pasta to dry or a pasta rack
- Bowl where to mix the dough by hand
- Surface where to work the pasta dough-preferably wooden (table, board)
- Table spoon
- Rolling pin preferably wooden
- Pasta machine (if available)
- Bench scraper
- Large Pot where to cook the pasta
Pasta dough preparation
- Squeeze the spinach well and chop them.
- Place the flour on the rolling-board or in a bowl, make a hollow in the middle and sprinkle it with salt.
- Add the cracked eggs, the water or the oil and beat them lightly with a fork or by hand, working them in with the flour. divide the dough in two.
- Add the spinach to half of the dough.
- Continue kneading the pasta-dough with your hands until it reaches the right consistency. Knead and work it with your hands to develop the gluten in the flour
- Make it into balls and leave aside for ten/twenty minutes.
- Then roll it out on the rolling board in strips using the rolling pin. Roll each strip through the pasta machine at the second to thinnest level , twice.
- Once you’ve rolled your pasta the way you want it, you need to shape or cut it straight away. Pasta dries much quicker than you think
“pasta fresca” can be sliced in different size to have:
Prepare the fresh pasta using the basic recipe. Stretch out the pasta into strips a few centimetres wide. Cut into even-sized rectangular 7×10 cm (3×4 in).
Meat sauce preparation click the link here
To prepare the lasagne click the link here
I thank my daughters for being the hands, the voices and the music in this recipe.