Lunch box for all of you who are back at work in the office , for those who work from home and like to prepare a light meal in advance, for those out for a picnic.Have a look at the other ideas we proposed as lunch box and Desk lunch box
The easy prepared meal can be good in many occasion . A nice solution is a good and tasty bread with a slice of something inside ,and our proposal is a small focaccia with a slice of frittata. This frittata is prepared with onions and the small focaccia is home made.
To make 12/20 Small Focaccias
400 g =2 cups 00 flour/all purpose flour + some more to work with
7g =2 tsp. dry yeast, active or instant (read instruction on the package)(pls .not the rapid-rise yeast)
10 g =2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. fine salt
1 tbs. EVOO
225 ml =8 oz.=25 tbs. warm water (37-40°C)
1 tbs. EVOO
1 tbs. water
To taste: Oregano, rosemary, tomato sauce, sesame, poppy, fennel, olives, oatmeal, coarse salt, soft cheese
- Sift the flour into a wide bowl and stir in the yeast.
- In the middle of the flour practice a hole and pour sugar, salt and oil.
- Mix these ingredients adding the water a little at a time.
- Work the dough on the floured board for at least 5 minutes, spread it with your fists closed, rewind it and beat it on the table, until the liquid is completely absorbed. The use of a board scraper is suggested.
- Put the dough back in the floured bowl, place it to rise in a warm place, until its volume is doubled (40 minutes).
- With the dough well leavened form a roll, divide it into 12 or 20 equal pieces and push each piece on the floured table obtaining small focaccias.
- Heat the oven (electric: 200°C, ventilated: 190°C, gas part high: 200°C).
- Mix 1 tbsp water and 1 tbsp EVOO
- Place the focaccias on the oven tray lined with parchment paper, brush over the water and oil,
sprinkle oregano or whatever to taste.
- Cook the focaccias for about 10 minutes, in the middle of the preheated oven .
Serve them by themselves or stuffed with cheese, salami or other.
And the frittata?
1 small onion
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Peel and slice the onion,
Pour the oil is a small pan
Cook the onion in it till soft.
In a bowl
Beat the eggs adding salt and pepper.
Pour onto the onion and let it cook on one side
Flip it and cook on the other side ,2 minutes. Ready
Stuff your focaccias with frittata, cheese,salami .Buon appetito.